A more advanced notification options?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
soyo

A more advanced notification options?

Post by soyo »

Hi hdsentinel

I'm still in awe with your app, and not regret a bit buying 2 licenses last year. Definetly a worthy purchase.

Anyways I was wondering if there is some setting which I can use that will either notify me by email or by popup, whenever something bad occurs with any of the harddrives. I know there are settings for threshholds for the drives and whenever one is reached the action is performed, but I'm interested in a more granular notifications, besides those threshhold notifications, like for example I'd like to know everytime a health of the drive drops by 1%, or everytime a realocation sector count increseas even by 1.

cheers
Lucas
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: A more advanced notification options?

Post by hdsentinel »

Hi Lucas,

Thanks so much for your support, you're excellent ! ;)

Generally, the Configuration -> Alerts -> When a new log entry is added option is designed exactly for this purpose: to issue an alert when any (even minor) change reported, for example when a new issue (reallocated sector, pending sector, spin retry, etc...) found and saved in the hard disk log.

This will trigger alarm immediately when a such new problem found, which would result in 1% decrease of the health (or even if the change would not indicate any health % decrease, for example if the hard disk drive already reports high number of problems and the health is already low).
soyo

Re: A more advanced notification options?

Post by soyo »

Thanks hdsentinel a lot for pointing me to that direction. I missed that option.