Gadget left an artifact on my desktop

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
steveoldfar

Gadget left an artifact on my desktop

Post by steveoldfar »

I turned on the gadget and then turned it off. There is now a portion of the gadget's message on my desktop and I can't remove it.
here is a picture of part of my desktop
problem.jpg
problem.jpg (72.47 KiB) Viewed 5250 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Gadget left an artifact on my desktop

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the image.

I can confirm that this is not an artifact, not a bug and not related to the desktop gadget (not created by that).

This is a completely different thing, the "Display Information On the Desktop" feature, which is enabled at Configuration -> Status Window page.
When enabled, the information is directly shown on the desktop (as you can see), and it is completely independently from the gadget.
So if you prefer to remove that, please disable the "Display Information On the Desktop" option (not the gadget).
steveoldfar

Post by steveoldfar »

Thanks,
that worked but it is strange since I have been using Hard Disk sentinel for quite some time now and I never saw this before and did not turn the feature on. I have 8 hard drives in my system and am wondering why this feature shows only one.

Steve
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

It is not really strange - the software works as configured.

I can confirm that the option does not automatically switch on, so I suspect you may have (accidentaly) enabled when tried the gadget settings.

The list of hard disks to be displayed in the Gadget (and on the desktop) is also configurable: on the Configuration -> Hard Disk Drives page.
By default, all hard disks displayed in these (if enabled) - but if you have configured to display only one on the Gadget - then that one is displayed on the Desktop as well.