NET SEND empty message

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
ron

NET SEND empty message

Post by ron »

Using http://www.winsentmessenger.com/ on WIn7 to be able to receive messages via NET SEND

Configuration/Message Settings in HDS, enable NET SEND, specify computer name, click Sent Test button. I instantly get a message with the text "Send Test".

However, any alerts (low disk space for example) just appear as an empty message, no text at all.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: NET SEND empty message

Post by hdsentinel »

> I instantly get a message with the text "Send Test".

Which confirms that the connection is OK and Hard Disk Sentinel can also send the text message with NET SEND.

I suspect maybe the message somehow truncated, for example if any character in the message (eg. the model ID) may contain invalid character(s) which causes that Windows does not send the message as should.

Please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, as then I can check the actual situation (source OS type/build and diski models etc.) and also let me know the target OS (where do you prefer to send the message). This way I can reproduce and verify.

If you prefer, I can also provide a simple sender tool (based on the code in Hard Disk Sentinel) which you can use to send any message, so you can check if it can send the message.