Usb key problems and hdspro

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
LestatVal

Usb key problems and hdspro

Post by LestatVal »

Hi
When I click on my key usb pc hds while running the pc does not recognize my usb key and if hds not working if I recognize it.
It happens with several usb if that work on another pc without hds
When I click the key usb hds unresponsive.
Using Windows 8.1 and v4.50 hard disk sentinel professional.
Regards
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Usb key problems and hdspro

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message.
The problem is that some USB pendrives does not really like when Hard Disk Sentinel tries to access it, to get at least basic information and identify.
The compatibility in Hard Disk Sentinel is always improving, so I'd first recommend to try the updated version 4.60. The easiest way to update is to use the automatic update from the File menu.

If the situation is same with 4.60 version, then I recommend to
- open Configuration -> Disk control page and on the bottom, select "Disable detection of USB and SCSI drives" option
- then there should be no problems with this USB key, as certain detection routines will be disabled.
- use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, as then it is possible to check the USB device type, identifier and improve compatibility with it, to prevent problems even when the above mentioned "Disable detection of USB and SCSI drives" option is not used (as this way even USB hard disks are not detected).