Service Crashing

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
Skirge

Re: Service Crashing

Post by Skirge »

The service hasn't crashed once since your assistance. Thanks so much! However, I rebooted and noticed that HDS doesn't automatically start in service mode. I need to run the application and manually change it to service mode. Is there currently a way to have it run as a service at boot? If not, I'll use the service I installed using NSSM, which will autostart HDS in service mode.
Last edited by Skirge on 2015.07.15. 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks, glad to hear things are better !

Sounds interesting. Generally, Hard Disk Sentinel (even in service mode) should start automatically with the system.

Can you please check the Windows Control Panel -> Administration tools -> Services, to verify if Hard Disk Sentinel Service is configured to start automatically (eg. not set to "Disabled")?
Maybe do you see different result if you set it to "Automatic - delayed start"?
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

The service did crash once in the past couple of weeks, but hasn't done so again.

The service is set to Automatic. What seems to be the problem is that when the computer is set to reboot, the service is uninstalled at some point during the reboot process and never returns. Obviously, without the service being installed, there's nothing to start. That would explain why I need to start the UI and install the service again.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

This sounds interesting.
The service itself should keep installed, shut down / reboot cycles should not affect its presence.
Do you see this always happening on all reboot cycles? Also on shut down?

Maybe NSSM can cause some troubles? Just guessing....