warnings not activated

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
HDB

warnings not activated

Post by HDB »

Hi,

Just bought Pro build 4.60 and running on Windows 7 64.

The setting of the warning boxes and email is not working. When I tick the boxes or place my email and press OK then when I close and open the program the installed settings have diappeared and when I press the activatie Warning button allis empty.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: warnings not activated

Post by hdsentinel »

Excuse me for the troubles.
Maybe somehow the settings can't be saved/updated - or the configuration file may corrupted and causing that the settings re-set to defaults.
Please note that if the e-mail configuration is incomplete, then it may be not stored and an e-mail alert is selected (but e-mails can't be sent due to incomplete e-mail configuration) Hard Disk Sentinel may display a warning about it.

Please check the following:

1) completely close Hard Disk Sentinel by File -> Exit
2) open the folder where Hard Disk Sentinel installed (it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel by default) and delete HDSentinel.ini file
3) then on next start of Hard Disk Sentinel, it will load with factory default settings.
4) then please try to configure the e-mail settings at Configuration -> E-mail configuration page (e-mail address, server, username, etc.) and use the Mail test button to test the e-mail configuration.
If things are well, you may try to close and re-start, just to check if the e-mail configuration is stored. If so, then please configure the alert(s) on Configuration -> Alerts.

If things still do not work, please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, then it is possible to check the actual situation, verify what could be wrong.