Error at launch

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
conticreative

Error at launch

Post by conticreative »

I downloaded HD Sentinel when one of my drives died. Since then I have been very happy with it, but yesterday for very unrelated reasons my Windows installation failed and today I spent the day installing windowes 7 all over again.

I just went to install HD Sentinel and when it went to launxch it I got this error:
Exception EIdStackInitializationFailed in module HDsentinel.exe at 001783E3.
Error on loading Winsock2 library (WS2_32.DLL): A non recoverable error occurred during a database lookup.
It could very well be that my system is a bit unstable at the moment since I am installing so many applications, but I figure I'd ask if nothing else to see if the DLL problem is a common one and maybe someone else will benefit from the response.

Thank you.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Error at launch

Post by hdsentinel »

The file WS2_32.DLL is a Windows system file. It seems that (or one or more file used by that) is corrupted on your system.
I'm sorry, but if the system may not working correctly, then installed software using the system functions also can't work :cry:

Is it possible that the PC may have faulty RAM? This is a frequent cause of such corruptions, failed Windows installation and so...
conticreative

Re: Error at launch

Post by conticreative »

Thank you for the reply. It turned out that I had to revert to a previous system restore and after that everything installed just fine.

The whole machine had gone wrong.