Unexpected termination of HDS

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
BartZorn

Unexpected termination of HDS

Post by BartZorn »

Hello,

I am running HDS on my Windows Server 2012 R2 system, with 5 hard disks.
From what I see in Windows Task Scheduler, HDS is supposed to run automatically when I log on. Well, it does, but every now and then, it disappears. The icons in the system tray become inactive and disappear when I touch them with the mouse.

I can run the task in Scheduler again to restart it.

What can I do to solve this?

TIA,

Bart
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected termination of HDS

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and excuse me for the possible issue.

To solve this, would be nice to solve what causes this as of course generally this should never happen.

Can you please try to "connect" it to some events?
For example, do you see it
- after using the software for longer time
- and/or soon after startup
- after connection/removal of a device
- after entering/leaving standby or hibernation (but I suspect on Windows Server OS this may never happen)
- after log in/disconnect of remote session

etc...

so to check what may trigger this - and verify what can be in the background.

Also I recommend to use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option. Then it is possible to check the actual configuration, situation and check what can be in the background - which may cause this and how it is possible to avoid.

If you experience such issue next time, I'd also recommend (before starting the software again) to compress all TXT files from the folder where Hard Disk Sentinel installed ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel ) and send the package to info @ hdsentinel . com address.
The created log files may give further thoughts, may contain error message(s) / error code(s) received from the system during normal execution and can give additional thoughts.

Excuse me for the troubles, hopefully with some information it is possible to examine the situation, reproduce it and try to avoid in all possible ways.
BartZorn

Re: Unexpected termination of HDS

Post by BartZorn »

OK, thanks. I will send you information as soon as I see it happen again.

However, in the mean time, I have upgraded my server to Windows Server 2016. We will see what happens!

Regards,

Bart