Missing hard disk icons

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
Stubi

Missing hard disk icons

Post by Stubi »

HD Sentinel 4.40 on Win 7 32 -> some hard disk icons are missing. It just shows the icons for the first RAID 0 array (Intel RAID). For the second RAID 0 array there is no icon. This I guess is a bug. Info: at Intel Matrix RAID you can create a maximum of two RAID 0 arrays. For the system they appear like two hard disks.

The other missing icons are at partitions that were mounted with TrueCrypt when Win 7 was running already. This is not a bug but more a missing feature I guess. These TrueCrypt partitions are on four different hard disks.
Attachments
Missing Icons.jpg
Missing Icons.jpg (8.89 KiB) Viewed 4694 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Missing hard disk icons

Post by hdsentinel »

> It just shows the icons for the first RAID 0 array (Intel RAID). For the second RAID 0 array there is no icon. This I guess is a bug.
> Info: at Intel Matrix RAID you can create a maximum of two RAID 0 arrays. For the system they appear like two hard disks.

Yes, I can confirm this is a problem - related to the actual RAID controller.
In some configurations, for the 2nd array it is not possible to 100% surely detect which logical drive(s) are associated with the actual array.
In this situation, Hard Disk Sentinel (as it does not know which logical drives are related to that array) can't display the hard disk status on the icon.

If you can use Report -> Send test report to developer option in such situation, this may help to identify the connection between the 2nd array and the logical drive(s) and improve the situation.

> The other missing icons are at partitions that were mounted with TrueCrypt when Win 7 was running already.
> This is not a bug but more a missing feature I guess. These TrueCrypt partitions are on four different hard disks.

Usually Truecrypt does not allow accessing hard disk status, so yes, the status symbol can't be displayed for such drives.
The mentioned Report -> Send test report to developer option may help also - at least to confirm the situation.