Last self-test date not updated by Project operation

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
ok450

Last self-test date not updated by Project operation

Post by ok450 »

Hello,
I started to use Project operations in order to speed up self-testing of multiple drives. I use project for short self-tests. I click "Start Not" button and when project completes I would expect that "Last Short self-test" info in "Information" tab of specific drive will be updated, but there is still an old info (weeks old by last manual self-test). I don't know if other info is also affected. Even restart of HDS does not change anything. I'm attaching a picture for better understanding.

Thanks
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Last self-test date not updated by Project operation

Post by hdsentinel »

I can confirm, yes, this can happen - but it's not a bug.

Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects the self-test status of the hard disks (running, completed, error reported) and saves the information (the test date, completion status and duration) when it detects that the self-test is running - and then detects that it's completed.
However, the short self tests may complete very quickly, usually in 1-2 minutes. While the default detection frequency (which is 5 minutes by default, and can be adjusted at Configuration -> Advanced options page) is larger than this duration, it may not find that the test is running - and then completes, so then the date of this short self test may not be logged.

To verify this, you may try to
- switch the test type to "Extended self test" which runs for longer time and then its date and result is automatically detected and saved
- at the mentioned Configuration -> Advanced options page, adjust the detection frequency (for example to detect the status once per every 30 seconds)

Thanks for your attention anyway, I can confirm that an updted version will be able to "catch" the status of the short self test if started scheduled, just like it's saved when you start it manually.
ok450

Re: Last self-test date not updated by Project operation

Post by ok450 »

Thank you for your clear explanation ;)