Strange bug about smart attributes window stats

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
mostafa76

Strange bug about smart attributes window stats

Post by mostafa76 »

Hey there,
Something strange happening right after installing HDD Sentinel, just after restarting PC for whatever reason, I open HDD Sentinel interface and I find that the smart stats window by checking it are separated widely which is really inconvenient hence forcing me to rearrange them manually each time, I'll attach screenshots to demonstrate what I mean because it is a very strange bug. Please help would be appreciated.
Attachments
5.PNG
5.PNG (53.49 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
4.PNG
4.PNG (35.72 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
3.PNG
3.PNG (17.4 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (29.89 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (32.05 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Strange bug about smart attributes window stats

Post by hdsentinel »

Seems so interesting, never encountered similar.

Probably HDSentinel.INI file damaged somehow which contains the settings and the user-interface details (eg. window size, column size and so).

I suggest to try to
1) completely close Hard Disk Sentinel by File -> Exit
2) delete the HDSentinel.INI file from its folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel ) or just move to a different folder
3) then start again (with factory default settings). This does not affect statistics, logs, license (if present) just re-sets the settings.

If you send the original HDSentinel.INI file to info (at) hdsentinel (dot) com address, it is possible to check its contents, may give some ideas, thoughts what happened with it.
mostafa76

Post by mostafa76 »

That worked for now, waiting to see if it will happen again or not. Thank you.
mostafa76

Post by mostafa76 »

hdsentinel wrote: 2023.11.09. 09:53 Seems so interesting, never encountered similar.

Probably HDSentinel.INI file damaged somehow which contains the settings and the user-interface details (eg. window size, column size and so).

I suggest to try to
1) completely close Hard Disk Sentinel by File -> Exit
2) delete the HDSentinel.INI file from its folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel ) or just move to a different folder
3) then start again (with factory default settings). This does not affect statistics, logs, license (if present) just re-sets the settings.

If you send the original HDSentinel.INI file to info (at) hdsentinel (dot) com address, it is possible to check its contents, may give some ideas, thoughts what happened with it.
Well it happend again eventually. Tell me please how to send the HDSentinel.INI to you so you ca analiyse it.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the file, I received and will check, will respond in e-mail too.

Can you please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option? That way I can check the actual software version and it may give ideas, thoughts about what could cause troubles on your system.

Can you somehow "connect" the issue to something? Eg. it may happened after
- connection/disconnection of a drive
- changing display setting / screen resolution
or any similar? The best would be if we can have a sure way to reproduce and investigate the weird behaviour.
mostafa76

Post by mostafa76 »

hdsentinel wrote: 2023.11.17. 16:09 Thanks for the file, I received and will check, will respond in e-mail too.

Can you please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option? That way I can check the actual software version and it may give ideas, thoughts about what could cause troubles on your system.

Can you somehow "connect" the issue to something? Eg. it may happened after
- connection/disconnection of a drive
- changing display setting / screen resolution
or any similar? The best would be if we can have a sure way to reproduce and investigate the weird behaviour.
Thank you for the quick reply. I sent the report.
petroben

Post by petroben »

Hello,

It seems you're encountering an issue with HDD Sentinel's smart stats window layout getting separated after restarting your PC. This could be due to a variety of reasons, including software glitches or display resolution settings.

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

Update Graphics Drivers:

Ensure that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause display-related issues.
Screen Resolution Settings:

Check your display resolution settings to make sure they match your monitor's native resolution. Incorrect settings might contribute to window layout problems.
Application Settings:

Explore HDD Sentinel's settings or preferences to see if there's an option to save or lock the window layout. Some applications provide such options to retain window positions.
Compatibility Mode:

Try running HDD Sentinel in compatibility mode. Right-click on the application's shortcut, go to Properties > Compatibility, and experiment with different compatibility modes.
Contact Support:

If the issue persists, consider reaching out to HDD Sentinel's support. They might have specific insights or solutions for this particular bug.
Remember to check if there are updates or patches available for HDD Sentinel that might address this issue. If you continue to face problems, providing feedback to the software developers can help them address the bug in future releases.

I hope this helps!
petroben