Space Indicators buttons/tabs missing

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
iuliug

Space Indicators buttons/tabs missing

Post by iuliug »

Hi,

The Space Indicators buttons/tabs (beneath the health buttons/tabs) are missing due to me having moved them probably further down due to an error.

How can i retrieve them? Ty.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Space Indicators buttons/tabs missing

Post by hdsentinel »

Hard Disk Sentinel saved the position of the separator between the list of physical / logical disk drives, so yes, the left bottom section may be not visible eg. if the screen resolution / DPI changed.

The easiest way is to completely close Hard Disk Sentinel by File -> Exit
and then delete the file HDSentinel.INI from the folder of the software ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel by default )
After restart, Hard Disk Sentinel will use the default settings, including the display options, so the bottom section will be visible again.

This does not affect any statistics, logs, history, possible license, just the settings.

If you prefer to keep the settings too, please let me know, as then I'll send details about how to manually edit and remove the required lines/section from the INI file specifically.
iuliug

Post by iuliug »

It worked. Thanks. Much apreciated.
iuliug

Post by iuliug »

Which files has the logs and history ? Would like to save those when i migrate to Win11. Ty.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

It is not enough to save any files as some the details are stored in the Windows registry.

If you want to save all settings, statistics, registration info, please use Configuration -> Update -> Backup configuration to save all settings, statistics, logs, etc to a single file.

After installation of the software on the new installation, this file can be load back by Configuration -> Update -> Restore configuration.

This function designed to backup/restore the details and keep existing statistics/logs for drives you want to use after re-install.