How to restore all data after Windows reinstallation.

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
Mihail_Lazarev

How to restore all data after Windows reinstallation.

Post by Mihail_Lazarev »

I have HD Sentinel installed on my computer, which collects information from two solid drives.
I plan to reinstall Windows on my computer and then install HD Sentinel again.
I would really like all the usage statistics for both SSD, how many gigabytes in total were read/written, etc., to be transferred to the freshly installed HD Sentinel on the new Windows.
Also note, the Windows will be installed on the second drive (which is now Drive D), and the drive on which Windows is now Drive C will become Drive D. That is, I will swap them.

Can you, please, tell me, if this is possible to save and then recover all data for each drive to a new HD Sentinel from the previous HD Sentinel?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: How to restore all data after Windows reinstallation.

Post by hdsentinel »

Yes, if you still have the old (original) system, and if you want to save all settings, statistics, registration/license info, please use Configuration -> Update -> Backup configuration to save all settings, statistics, logs, etc to a single file.

After installation of the software on the new installation, this file can be load back by Configuration -> Update -> Restore configuration.

This function designed to backup/restore the details and keep existing statistics/logs for drives you want to use after re-install.