default settings/re-activation after system reboot question.

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
Johansons522

default settings/re-activation after system reboot question.

Post by Johansons522 »

Hello.

New user of the software here....

I just recently purchased hard Disk Sentinel Pro. v 5.70. I have two questions if I may. For the last couple of days all is running great and the program is fantastic! I have been looking around in settings section and made some minor changes in temperatures and adjusted the report settings for notifications; etc. I would like to know if there is an easy way to reverse all settings back to default just as when I fresh installed the software several days ago.

My second question is that today I rebooted my PC (windows 10), and the main window opened and it informed me to register the software. It was de-activated. Is there any reason this happens? All my disk activity I noticed on the software were gone and only started showing after I re - registered the software. As I understand this is a life-time license and in near future I intend to purchase a new hard drive and in addition due to Windows problems I have experienced, I perform fresh/clean install or reset Windows System 2-3 times per year if needed only. Only on one computer.

I do not want to trigger your server in order to deactivate my purchased license. Is there any way to prevent or fix this issue if after PC reboots the software becomes unregistered? It happened just once but it is a concern to me since I just purchased it few days ago.

Thank you for your time and consideration in assisting me with these two issues.

Respectfully,
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: default settings/re-activation after system reboot quest

Post by hdsentinel »

Please check the other topic where I answered about how to clear the settings: https://www.hdsentinel.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=13538

Generally Hard Disk Sentinel does not "deactivate" or similar. I'm afraid maybe you set up some settings which caused troubles, especially if you see that not only the license but also previous statistics also reset.
Not sure, but probably you may configured a folder at Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Change folder to store statistics and settings
and then after reboot, this folder may be not accessible/moved (eg. if it is a different disk drive, remote drive or so).
Then it can happen that Hard Disk Sentinel can't read the license information and settings/statistics - so likely this caused that everything "reset".

I can confirm that generally there should be no problem with the license and re-installations if required: you can any time (re)install the software on the same computer. Should be no problem even if the hard disk drive / SSD replaced/changed, the activation server of course allows re-installation and even moving to new system, as it is "normal" that Windows may require reinstallation and/or if the whole system replaced.
Problem could happen only if such reinstallations/activations happen too many times or too frequently - as then the license could be blocked. Then just send the original license code to info (at ) hdsentinel (dot) com so then it can be unblocked.