License

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
thosj

License

Post by thosj »

I bought HD Sentinal Pro 5 seat. I want to uninstall from one PC I'm taking out of commission. If I uninstall, will I get a license back, or is there some other way to deactivate?

Thanks

Tom
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: License

Post by hdsentinel »

I can confirm that it is not required to deactivate. If Hard Disk Sentinel is uninstalled (or simply if the license is no longer used on the old computer), it can be moved to the new machine. You can continue using the software on the new system, just proceed the registration and activation on the new computer by using the same registration name and registration code (15 digit number) you have.

Just if this happens too often / too many times, it may trigger an alert from the activation server which may refuse to accept the registration code. Then just send an e-mail to info@hdsentinel.com with the registration code and the situation and the license use counter will be reset to zero, so it will be possible to continue using it without problems.

An alternative way is to move all statistics, settings and registration details by using Configuration -> Update -> Backup configuration, so if you move hard disk(s) from the old PC to the new, you will immediately have the previously collected statistics available on the new system (with all settings and registration information as well). May be important if you want to continue using some hard disks/SSDs in the new system.
Madeis

Post by Madeis »

hdsentinel wrote:I can confirm that it is not required to deactivate. If Hard Disk Sentinel is uninstalled (or simply if the license is no longer used on the old computer), it can be moved to the new machine. You can continue using the software on the new system, just proceed the registration and activation on the new computer by using the same registration name and registration code (15 digit number) you have.

Just if this happens too often / too many times, it may trigger an alert from the activation server which may refuse to accept the registration code. Then just send an e-mail to info@hdsentinel.com with the registration code and the situation and the license use counter will be reset to zero, so it will be possible to continue using it without problems.

An alternative way is to move all statistics, settings and registration details by using Configuration -> Update -> Backup configuration, so if you move hard disk(s) from the old PC to the new, you will immediately have the previously collected statistics available on the new system (with all settings and registration information as well). May be important if you want to continue using some hard disks/SSDs in the new system.
Hdsentinel, thanks for this answer, I had the same question
Mysticx

Post by Mysticx »

how i can get licence?
AustinM

Post by AustinM »

kris_wk

Post by kris_wk »

I do appreciate that this question was answered already. I think you should be sticking this into a FAQ or something so it's easier.
I had no idea there was a portable version and that it needed to be used separately. I was just registering HDS Pro on all my PCs, thinking after one was uninstalled, it was only keeping track of the ones that were used.
I kept using the regular version for multiple PCs. I'm surprised it just now wouldn't allow me to register lol.