Current temp graph - no scroll bars

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
ron

Current temp graph - no scroll bars

Post by ron »

It only shows the past 4 hours. It's been running for 2 days. Note that I'm trying this software out - the unregistered version.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Current temp graph - no scroll bars

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message.

This is normal: the "current temperature" graph shows only the most recent readings.
The other pages (Daily temperature, Daily minimum, Daily maximum) show all values saved during the usage of Hard Disk Sentinel.
ron

Post by ron »

Ok, now that I've had time to play with this, I'd like to suggest that the 'current temperature' graph show at least the last 12 if not last 24 hours of readings - regardless of the interval defined.

The daily graphs are nice if I'm interested in trends over days. But if I'm interested in trends over a single day, I need to be able to see ALL readings taken that day.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks, that will be considered and may be available in a later version.
ron

Post by ron »

Upon further reflection, perhaps my concern is not so serious. The graph now shows 24 hours of data on the Current tab. I think my issue before is that I had stopped/started HDS and expected it to retrieve the last 24 hours of data (from disk) upon restart. So maybe a minor enhancement in the future that would preserve temp readings should the program ever have to be restarted.

If you start it and leave it running, it's working as you'd expect.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Yes, I can confirm that the values on the "current" tab is not preserved, they show the measurements of the current session only.
Thanks for the tip, it may be changed in a later version.
warriorfullights

Post by warriorfullights »

I am just wondering if this has already been added to the latest version we have?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

No: as previously mentioned, the "Current" temp graph (as its name suggests) shows the temperature for the current session only.
Displaying previously measured values may cause confusion as it may belong to a previous session: consider that you used an antivirus scan (which increased the temperature) and then shut down the system for night. Then next morning it would not be useful to display the values measured on previous day.