Samsung 970 EVO or Pro - temperature sensors

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
CfYz

Samsung 970 EVO or Pro - temperature sensors

Post by CfYz »

Hello! First of all thanks for such a great app :) I really like it and using it on autostart on all my PCs from almost 4 years :)

HD Sentinel do show temperature on "Temperature" tab, but Samsung NVMe SSDs have two temperature sensors and second sensor show higher temperatures that first sensor which temperature is displayed on "Temperature" tab (I assume).

Any way only path to see second sensor temperature is a "S.M.A.R.T" tab, but values 317 and 320 means not much to human. Can I feature request to display second sensor temperature on a "Temperature" tab, or some settings to change 317/320 to C or F in SMART parameters?

Knowing temperature is critical to NVMe drives - throttling became active and read/write speeds are lowered down. And by any means 95C is too much, and the drive needs cooling in my opinion.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Or there some setting already implemented? I'm using 5.20 Standard.
dr0

Re: Samsung 970 EVO or Pro - temperature sensors

Post by dr0 »

I know that this is a really old topic, but you can try to switch from HEX to DEC by right-clicking anywhere in the Data column on S.M.A.R.T. tab and selecting "Decimal data fields". I'm not 100% sure, as I don't have your drive to test, but I'm almost certain that this will give you a temperature number in Celsius.