I want to inform you that Hard Disk Sentinel version 3.00 is available for download.
If you have some time, please download from www.hdsentinel.com
or update the existing version by the updater.
If you have successfully registered and activated any previous version, the updated version will be also registered and activated.
If you plan to download manually, please make sure you download the correct version (standard or PRO).
The updates in this version (compared to latest version 2.90):
Improvements and new features:
- (*) disk surface test functions (accessible from File menu or by quick button) to test hard disk and solid state disk surface
with different read and write test methods.
Destructive and non-destructive tests are possible and many settings are available including complete simple read tests,
disk re-initialisation (**), data area refresh (**), industry standard data-destruction (**) and so to help
disk diagnostics and repair.
Temperature and data transfer speed is measured and displayed during the test to analyse disk operation
and slowly accessible regions
- (*) Disk Contents Inspector allows to check stored information on the disk
- detection of both SATA and SAS disks configured to RAID arrays on HighPoint 1xxx and 2xxx series RAID controllers
(SAS only if applicable, for example by the 2640x4 controller)
- detection of new USB drives, SATA multipliers, external enclosures, SAS drives
- more SSD specific information and attributes displayed for various SSD devices
(for example OCZ, Corsair, Super Talent, Intel, Samsung, Crucial and so)
- added detection of new SSD devices
- (*) verify results online: compare details of a drive with reports received online, to check if the drive
is better or worse than average ("globe" with HDD icon)
- (*) right click over list of logical drives to hide drives or select button sizes
- displaying highest temperature ever found in the entire lifespan of
the disk, option to reset measured highest/lowest temperatures
- configurable tray icon font (Configuration -> Thresholds/tray icon)
- option to prevent disks from spin down (Configuration -> Disk control)
- (*) Hard Disk Sentinel API: 3rd party software can get disk information from the software for further processing
- many user interface fixes and improvements
- 150+ new hard disks in database
- various minor bug fixes and improvements
- fixed: random seek time test resulted errors on some disks over 1 TB
- improved support for ARECA RAID controllers with STORPORT drivers
- added Bulgarian language support - thanks for Georgi Nenov for the translation
- added Greek language support - thanks for dancer_69 for the translation
- added Swedish language support - thanks for Ulf for the translation
- added Russian language support - thanks for Andrey Nikolaev for the translation
(*): available only in registered Hard Disk Sentinel and Hard Disk Sentinel Professional
(**): available only in registered Hard Disk Sentinel Professional
For the full list of updates, please view http://www.hdsentinel.com/rev.php
For images about updates, please check http://www.hdsentinel.com/screenshots.php
Download the new version from the completely re-designed website: http://www.hdsentinel.com