Pro-Version usable on Offline PC without internet access?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
Lemming66

Pro-Version usable on Offline PC without internet access?

Post by Lemming66 »

Hello,

I would like to buy the Pro version for usage on a PC that is 100% offline with no access to the internet at all.

Two questions:
- Is it possible to use the full Pro version on this PC when I bought it or does it need any online registration/activision?
- Is there any way to update it by downloading the "update" on another PC or smartphone and copy it by USB-Stick to the offline PC?

Many thanks and best regards,
Lemming.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Pro-Version usable on Offline PC without internet access

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and questions.

Yes, I can confirm that it is possible to register and activate the computer even if it's offline. In this case, you'd need to do the following (assuming that you'll have the 15 digit registration code which you'll receive during the order):

Please download Hard Disk Sentinel Pro from the following link (which always points to the latest version) and install it:

https://www.harddisksentinel.com/hdsent ... _setup.zip

After installation, to register and activate your product, please click on "Help" and select "Enter registration key" in Hard Disk Sentinel Pro.

Normally there you can perform the registration and online activation, but if the online activation is not possible, then you can use the Register and activate by e-mail button to create an un-activated key file (HDSentinel.hds) to the folder of the software. Please send that (from a different PC or mobile) - and I can activate with your license code and send back the activated file to be used on that installation.

Yes, I can confirm that you can also perform the update to any newer version easily: just completely close the running version by File -> Exit and (without uninstallation) install the downloaded newer version in the same folder where the previous version installed. This way it will automatically use all settings, statistics, license.
Lemming66

Post by Lemming66 »

Thanks for your quick reply.
Sounds very promising :-)

One more question:
1.) If I buy the "Hard Disk Sentinel PROFESSIONAL Family" do I receive 5 independant licences and can I use one of these for the offline registration as you decribed and the other
four for the standard online registration on our other PCs ?

Many thanks.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

No, I can confirm the Hard Disk Sentinel Pro Family license is delivered as a single license code: that should be used on up to 5 computers, regardless of the activtion type (online or offline).
The word "Family" does not strictly mean home use: it can be used in an office/company too.