Cloned a HDD to a SSD

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
cryptotastic

Cloned a HDD to a SSD

Post by cryptotastic »

I have a pro license and am using 5.70. I cloned a non-system HDD to an SSD for increased performance and size using clonezilla. Hard Disk Sentinel is giving me start/stop counts instead of lifetime writes (as it usually does with SSDs). Is there anyway to change start/stop counts to lifetime writes? In my experience it should display lifetime writes when working with any ssd. I cloned a Seagate 1TB HDD to a Crucial MX500 2TB. It's also detecting more host communication errors. Not a big deal, but was just curious if it's showing start/stop due to it being cloned from a hdd. It does show that TRIM is enabled. I just think it's odd it won't show me lifetime writes when that's the metric that matters with SSDs. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my question!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-02 222848.png
Screenshot 2021-02-02 222848.png (94.4 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Cloned a HDD to a SSD

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and the image.

So interesting. Generally for this model yes, the total lifetime writes should be displayed automatically, just like on other SSDs.
Seems your SSD works slightly differently than expected, maybe it has a different firmware than similar models tested - or a disk controller / chipset driver may provide status slightly differently than expected.

Please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, as then I can check the actual response for the detection and verify what can be done to change the display.