is this hard drive fine?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
CyberParrot

is this hard drive fine?

Post by CyberParrot »

I had a 8mm fan very close to my hard drives that I used to keep them cool, but it was causing a bit of vibration and I'm worried that it may have damaged my hard drives, the readings look fine but i'd apreciate if someone can confirm if the drive is ok. This drive has been vibrating a bit more than it usually does and I'm worried.
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG (113.9 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: is this hard drive fine?

Post by hdsentinel »

According the 100% health, yes, the disk drive seems perfectly working, see no problems in the list.

The fluctuation on the graph does not mean problems (as the numbers do not mean error count): for several disk drives, these values can go up/down.

But if you worry, you can any time use the disk test functions recommended on Support -> Frequently Asked Questions -> Hard disk health is low or recently changed or I just installed a new (used) hard disk. How can I perform a deep analysis?

( https://www.hdsentinel.com/faq.php#tests )

Personally I'd try the Disk menu -> Short self test / Extended self test first or you can perform a complete Disk menu -> Surface test -> Read test to verify and confirm that all sectors of the disk drive are fine.