Write Error Rate

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
aramrahgozar

Write Error Rate

Post by aramrahgozar »

Hello
I notice my Write Error Rate for 4T WD increased from 1 to 3 in the last 2 weeks. My question is: Was those data corrupted during errors while the head was writing data?
Thank you in advance

https://ibb.co/dPpQtPv

Sorry, it didn't let me post BBCode so I put an image link.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Write Error Rate

Post by hdsentinel »

No, I can confirm that the data is not corrupted.
Alone this number (and its current value) does not cause troubles, this is why the health is still 100% now.

If you are not sure, you may any time use the Disk menu -> Short self test, Extended self test, Surface test -> Read test
(or if you have the opportunity, after backup even the write tests) to verify the situation: to confirm if the disk drive is surely working correctly - or reveal/confirm any problem with the hard disk drive.

For example, after a complete backup the Disk menu -> Surface test -> Write+Read test (especially if used with random data pattern) would surely confirm that all sectors could be written and read back - and the stored data is 100% same as what the disk test wrote, not damaged/altered/corrupted in any ways.

Also if you prefer, you can any time use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, seeing the complete status of the disk drive (especially when the status changes) can help and give some thoughts.