Pausing "Low health" alerts

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
tired

Pausing "Low health" alerts

Post by tired »

I have one SSD whose health is rated at 79%, largely because the "Wear Leveling Count" (177) attribute is at 414. Because of my setup -- which I don't want to change -- this causes "Low health" alerts every time I restart my PC or wake from hibernation.

Is there a way to pause the alerts on this drive, without disabling "Wear Leveling Count" completely or something similar? It's really, really annoying.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Pausing "Low health" alerts

Post by hdsentinel »

I suggest to configure a custom Health threshold for the SSD: on the Overview page of the SSD, double click on the Health % bar to configure custom Health % thresholds for this drive.

So (for example) if you configure 70% - then you'll receive "Low health" alert if this SSD drops below 70% (or when any other drive drops below their custom or the global threshold which set at Configuration -> Thresholds/Tray icon page).
tired

Post by tired »

That works. I either forgot about that capability or didn't realize it existed (I can't remember which). Thank you.
tired

Post by tired »

I would humbly suggest adding a "Set custom health threshold" button next to the Health % bar in order to make this functionality more clear.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the tip!