Hello Some problem here

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
MrHeMa

Hello Some problem here

Post by MrHeMa »

im crazy atm :D
i dont know i have problem with my hard disk or not :)
i need some help see here
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (140.88 KiB) Viewed 10069 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Hello Some problem here

Post by hdsentinel »

See the values: Health = 100% Excellent, Performance = 100% Excellent.
So there are no problems with your HARD DISK ;)

But there is a problem with the data communication between the hard disk and the computer.
This is usually related to the data cable / connection.

Please check Support -> Knowledge Base -> Hard Disk Cases -> Hard disk case: communication errors
( http://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_cas ... _error.php )
for more details.
MrHeMa

Post by MrHeMa »

thanks for help
MrHeMa

Post by MrHeMa »

new problem Image
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

This is not new, but the same problem.

If you read the article on the link I sent, it shows that data communication problems may degrade the performance of the hard disk.

If new and new such problems detected, then the Performance % will decrease as you can see (even if you clear the error counter on the S.M.A.R.T. page).

Simply reset the error counter by the offset may not be enough. If the original cause of the data communication errors (for example a faulty data cable) is not replaced, then new and new data communication problems will be detected (the Log page may show them) and these cause new issues, decreased performance.

So it is recommended to check (and if possible, replace) the data cable - and hopefully then there will be no new data communication problems.
Then (if you clear any possible problems on the Log page) the Performance may remain at higher level (hopefully 100%) and will not decrease.

I'd also suggest to use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, even multiple times (for example now, and later if you see any change in the detected Performance % and/or new communication problems reported).
This way it is possible to check the actual situation, compare (to see the differences) and advise.
harryroy281

Post by harryroy281 »

Can anyone tells that what is data communication error ?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Data communication errors are related to the communication channel between the hard disk (or SSD, SSHD, flash device, pendrive, etc.) and the disk controller itself (usually te motherboard) where the storage device connected.

If this communication channel is not perfect, for example the cables, connections are not correct, then data communication errors may be reported.
Such data communication errors are usually not harmful on most modern systems, but may reduce performance: the system designed to detect such condition and automatically perform the required steps: re-send the data and/or decrease transfer rate to ensure error-free communication.
Older systems (generally with IDE/PATA hard disks) these communication errors may frequently lead to system instability, BSOD, data corruption, data loss and significant performance degradation of the whole system as the transfer usually limited to PIO mode instead of the UDMA mode.

It is better to avoid such data communication issues and when they're reported, it is recommended to check cables, connections and ensure that the error-counter should not increase further. Then it may be cleared by Hard Disk Sentinel, so then (as the problem fixed) only possible new problems will be reported.

See http://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_cas ... _error.php for more information.