SMTP Password Failure - No notification

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
rxp

SMTP Password Failure - No notification

Post by rxp »

Hi,

Been a long time user for HD Sentinel. It predicted my most recent failed disk as long as 40 days ago but unfortunately google forced me to change my SMTP server password so the alert emails never got through. My disk was failing and I only realised that too late.

Might be an idea to put warn of an authentication failure via a windows popup?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Password Failure - No notification

Post by hdsentinel »

Hi,

I'm terrible sorry what happened. Generally this is what we want to avoid and be protected.

Yes, to be honest, never thought that this can happen. The "Mail test" button generally can be used to test e-mail settings, but if it was correct and the password (or generally the e-mail configuration) need to be changed, then yes, we may forget to re-adjust and test the e-mail settings again.

Yes, in this case, if an alert could not be sent, a popup notification could be life saver, to indicate that there is a problem which needs attention and correction. This will be surely added in a later version to further improve safety.

Thanks for the tip - and I'm really sorry.
rxp

Re: SMTP Password Failure - No notification

Post by rxp »

Thanks for the response and agreeing to add it in a future update!

It wasn't any critical data - only TV Shows/Movies which I re-downloaded anyway.

But it's the second time HD Sentinel has predicted a failure - I'm very happy with the family license I purchased to protect multiple Microservers I have. Worth every penny!