Cannot detect disks in AMD RAID array with driver 9.3.0.120

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
Dehumanizer

Cannot detect disks in AMD RAID array with driver 9.3.0.120

Post by Dehumanizer »

I just updated the RAID driver of my Asus STRIX X570-E Gaming motherboad from 9.2 to 9.3.0.120 and now Hard Disk Sentinel doesn't recognize the disks - even those which are standalone:
Annotation 2020-05-03 182314.png
Annotation 2020-05-03 182314.png (22.7 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Cannot detect disks in AMD RAID array with driver 9.3.0.

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message. Yes, this is a clear example showing why a driver update may not always a good idea.... But I'm afraid this is not really a bug/limitation of Hard Disk Sentinel.

I'd recommend to

- use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option in Hard Disk Sentinel. Then I can examine what the new driver changed on your system, for example what function AMD removed/changed which lead to that the detection is no longer working.

- contact AMD about the bug in their new driver. As the old driver had no troubles, I'm afraid they may changed/modified something (or a bug in their driver introduced). Hopefully with a following update, they can correct the issue and make things working again.

- revert the driver to the previous version which was working correctly

From the mentioned developer report, I can examine the changes, verify if things can be changed, improved at our side. The detection depends on the cooperation of the driver too, so if AMD removed function(s) - then it is possible that things may be working only with the previous version.
Dehumanizer

Re: Cannot detect disks in AMD RAID array with driver 9.3.0.

Post by Dehumanizer »

Great. I just sent the report. Thank you!