Status window disappears

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
tired

Status window disappears

Post by tired »

I'm using Hard Disk Sentinel Pro v5.61 (11463) on Windows 10 Pro x64 1909. I use the status window with the "Display information on desktop" setting enabled.

For the past couple days, the status window has mostly stopped appearing. If I reboot, it appears for awhile, then disappears again, and I can't get it back without another reboot.

Restarting Hard Disk Sentinel does not make the status window appear. Playing with the settings in Hard Disk Sentinel doesn't either (e.g. disabling and re-enabling "Display information on desktop").

Please advise.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Status window disappears

Post by hdsentinel »

Sorry for the possible issue. Not really sure if it is related to Hard Disk Sentinel, but can be caused by the "Random Wallpapers" option of Windows. According the experiences, that may prevent displaying / drawing information directly on the desktop and this is why the the information can't be displayed there even if the "Display information on desktop" option enabled.

I'd recommend to check and try to set "Random Wallpapers" to static wallpaper - as then the information should be displayed on the Desktop too.
tired

Re: Status window disappears

Post by tired »

I only have three options for wallpaper (Background, as Windows 10 calls it): "Picture", "Solid color", and "Slideshow". Mine is set to "Picture".

Edit: The issue hasn't happened for a couple days now. My best guess is that a certain full-screen game was somehow causing the status window to disappear. I say this because I removed a game a couple days ago, when the problem stopped happening. Why the status window wouldn't come back after the game was closed is another question.

Thank you.