Attribute 202 on Micron SSD's

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
voyager62

Attribute 202 on Micron SSD's

Post by voyager62 »

This used to be correct, but changed after the latest update. On my Micron 1100 SSD's, HDS is showing that Attribute 202 is "Data Address Mark Errors." It used to be "Percentage Lifetime Used." That is what Crucial says it should be: https://www.crucial.com/support/article ... smart-data.

I submitted a bug report, but hadn't heard back.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Attribute 202 on Micron SSD's

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your attention and report.

As I see, you use the latest Windows Insider Build. Yes, the chipset drivers used for some motherboards in 20246 and newer Windows Insider Builds changed the functionality - and this results that the status may be displayed differently than expected, than in all previous versions.

As a quick fix for a different chipset, 5.61.11 version already released - but it seems in your case this is not "enough" and further modifications required.

I see no real reason why Microsoft removed some functionality as that worked not only in all previous Windows 10 versions, but also in all previous Windows versions since Windows 2000/XP - but this may cause several troubles for now.

I'm still collecting the information, results / developer reports about Windows Insider Builds 20246 and newer to make sure that things should work correctly - even after this update.

Thanks for your attention, I'll surely contact you with an update as soon as possible.