Portable Hard Disk Sentinel - PortableApps

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
a.borque

Portable Hard Disk Sentinel - PortableApps

Post by a.borque »

Hello!
Is it possible to add the necessary INI-files, folders, ... to the portable version of Hard Disk Sentinel so that it can simply be copied into the PortableApps directory and will be added correctly to the PortableApps menu automatically?
Sincerely yours
A.Borque
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Portable Hard Disk Sentinel - PortableApps

Post by hdsentinel »

Hi,

Thanks for your message and question.

I can confirm that you can download and extract the portable package and extract to any folder, so you can extract to PortableApps directory too and use it in portable mode. All settings, statistics, logs etc.. will be saved under that folder.
a.borque

Post by a.borque »

Hi!
Thanks for your quick replay. I know that the portable version of HDD Sentinel works with PortableApps basically without any problems.
But as there is more than one exe-file in the directory all of these are shown in the PortableApps Startmenu though most of them are not of any use directly.
If you only want to add one specific exe-file as programme you need to declare that by using some PortableApps sepcific INI-files AFAIK. That (the -optional- creation of these INI-files needed by portable apps) is what I meant and what I wanted to suggest.
A.Borque
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks, I see!

To be honest, have no experiences with PortableApps, but if you have information about the particular INI file, its structure, I'd be happy to check it and add - to improve usability.

So if you have info, please send details in e-mail to info (at) hdsentinel (dot) com

Thanks for increasing attention.