wish: filter drives

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
VGER

wish: filter drives

Post by VGER »

Hello,

I have a feature wish that would be a rather extensive modification: I would like to filter the list of drives either by manufacturer/model or by data points, e.g. the elapsed "power on time", health or SMART attribute values.

My use case at hand is that I have a number of drives and would like to know which of them are most due for replacement: "list all drives of a single model (the oldest I have), then sort them by "power on time", put drives with health not 100% at the top".

This filtering could happen in the drive list on the right-hand-side of the main menu, but could also be a seperate dialog.

Do you think something like this would be doable?

Regards
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: wish: filter drives

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and the idea!

I'll need to think about it. Yes, in the user interface, it would be hard to implement, so can't really promise anything for sure, especially in the near future.

However, if you have high amount of drives, maybe you can create some quick script which gets the details from Hard Disk Sentinel and displays the resulting drives in a list, matching a criteria.

The page https://www.hdsentinel.com/how_to_integrate_wmi.php may give some ideas, thoughts. It contains a basic script which lists all disks with details.