Change ERROR to WARNING when disk is not available

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
1024mb

Change ERROR to WARNING when disk is not available

Post by 1024mb »

Please, change the message from ERROR to WARNING when one (or more) hard drives aren't available. Also change it to WARNING when the test is not supported for that HDD. In both of those cases HDS shows and sends an error in the report. I have scheduled two test to be performed weekly and I always feel my heart stopping when I see the report title but then I read it and see that it sent an error because (1) a hard drive was missing -very common with external drives- and (2) because that particular test wasn't supported in that one hard drive but in those both cases the test completed successfully in all the other hard drives.

Even better, it would be great if an option -or two one for each type- is added so we can choose to ignore those two types of WARNINGs or ERRORs.

Thanks.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Change ERROR to WARNING when disk is not available

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the suggestion.
Personally I think the "ERROR" is much more applicable for this situation, exactly to increase attention that (for example) the external disk drive (which should be tested) is missing. This is why now the message shows "ERROR".

Anyway, I'll consider to change this message and/or the option(s) you wrote, thanks for tip!