RocketRAID 2680

Experiences with hard disks, SSDs, USB devices, hard disk controllers, motherboards and so.
Tupe

RocketRAID 2680

Post by Tupe »

Hi,

I'm looking for a SAS/SATA controller that HD Sentinel can handle; can someone confirm that Highpoint RocketRAID 2680 (UPC:643653268009) can have the individual drive statistics read back? (without any raid mode )

I have allready Adaptec 1420SA but HD Sentinel give none of smart info. I think it's normal and I can't do anything about it?

Thanks!
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: RocketRAID 2680

Post by hdsentinel »

Hi,

I suspect 2680 should work but until now we had no opportunity to test it carefully.
Until now, Hard Disk Sentinel was successfully tested with 2220, 2320, 2640 from RocketRAID 2xxx series, and disk information are available in both RAID and non-RAID mode for both SATA/SAS disks.

A RocketRAID 2640x4 and an LSI SAS 3000 card is used now in this system as they both provide all disk information to Hard Disk Sentinel correctly.

We already contacted Adaptec many times because we really want to add support for their controllers. However, without the programming reference of their cards it is not really possible (so it is not our lazyness ;) ). They never respond so it seems they do not want software support for their controllers. It's a shame. The same is true for some other manufacturers (eg. Promise) that's why their controllers do not or only partially supported.
klauzser

Post by klauzser »

I just hope Adaptec will do something on their end or at least give an effort to make this happen.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Adaptec SATA / SAS RAID controllers already supported in the latest versions. Please check
http://www.hdsentinel.com/compatibility ... ollers.php
klauzser wrote:I just hope Adaptec will do something on their end or at least give an effort to make this happen.