Taskbar Tooltip Rate Fixed At KB per Second

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
Jamil

Taskbar Tooltip Rate Fixed At KB per Second

Post by Jamil »

I have the latest version of Hard Disk Sentinel installed on my workstation. The tool allows for configuration of the total read and write access, so I configured it to show GB. However, the transfer rate is fixed at KB per second. This results in very large values that are not so useful at quick glance. This is how my task bar tooltip current shows right now:

-- All Disks --
Read 322.54 GB [96028 KB/s]
Write 428.78 GB [92523 KB/s]

This is specifically for the disk activity taskbar icon tooltip.

My request is to allow configuration of this the same way I was about to change the read and write transfer to GB. I would configure the read and write transfer rate to MB. An alternative is to have it automatically show values when the transfer rate is greater than 1024 of the associated value (either KB, MG, GB, TB). In my case, I showing the following instead would be more helpful:

-- All Disks --
Read 322.54 GB [93.78 MB/s]
Write 428.78 GB [90.35 MB/s]
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Taskbar Tooltip Rate Fixed At KB per Second

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and the tip, yes, it may be good to have it displayed in MB/sec automatically when the value is high enough to improve readability, it will be added in a future version.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Please check the latest beta version 5.30.8 released just now, it will automatically display in MB/s (if the value is at least 1 MB/s)
Jamil

Post by Jamil »

I just installed the latest beta, and this improves readability.

Thank you!