Unable to clear smart data

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
ABall

Unable to clear smart data

Post by ABall »

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (408.13 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
Hi, I had a disk drop to 17%, it had weak sectors so I replaced it but I would like to still use it for non important data, I have done a destructive reinitialize and re tested, the drive, everything is now green all be it with some darker green areas. I have offset the reallocated sector count but I also have a number in the event count, this is 4C9, what do i put in the offset to clear it? The drive is still showing 17% after I offset the reallocated count. If I un tick both warnings it goes back to 100% but i want to keep monitoring.

Alan
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Unable to clear smart data

Post by hdsentinel »

The 04C9 is a hexadecimal value, if we convert it to decimal, it is 1225.
So you would need to specify -1225 (the value with negative sign) for that attribute.

The easiest way to know is to right click on the list of attributes and select "Decimal data fields" option. Then all values are automatically converted to decimal, so then you'll immediately see 1225 there in the "Data" field.
ABall

Re: Unable to clear smart data

Post by ABall »

hdsentinel wrote:The 04C9 is a hexadecimal value, if we convert it to decimal, it is 1225.
So you would need to specify -1225 (the value with negative sign) for that attribute.

The easiest way to know is to right click on the list of attributes and select "Decimal data fields" option. Then all values are automatically converted to decimal, so then you'll immediately see 1225 there in the "Data" field.
Thanks guys, sorted! Love your software.