Failure Predicted - Attribute: 1 Raw Read Error Rate

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
uali69810

Failure Predicted - Attribute: 1 Raw Read Error Rate

Post by uali69810 »

I download and install today Hard Disk Sentinal 4.20 and it gives me following error.
"Failure Predicted - Attribute: 1 Raw Read Error Rate, Errors occurred while reading raw data from a disk. Indicate problem with the disk surface or the read/write heads.
There are 19 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
Replace hard disk immediately.

It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss."
After that I run Check Disk on win 10 PowerShell and it gives me following data.
"PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> chkdsk e:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is New Volume.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
256 file records processed.
File verification completed.
0 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
1 reparse records processed.
282 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.
0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
1 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
Security descriptor verification completed.
14 data files processed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
1520 USN bytes processed.
Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

312568831 KB total disk space.
15623036 KB in 9 files.
76 KB in 15 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
76259 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
296869460 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
78142207 total allocation units on disk.
74217365 allocation units available on disk."

Please tell me what,s wrong with my harddisk and this is my secondary Hard Disk. Primary Hard Disk is SSD and that work perfectly for me but when I copy to secondary harddisk something or want to install something in that.It gives me very poor speed like 1 Mb or below this.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Failure Predicted - Attribute: 1 Raw Read Error Rate

Post by hdsentinel »

Sir, Hard Disk Sentinel (not "Sentinal" ;) )

Generally 4.20 version is very-very old, released years before Win10, so I'd recommend to use the latest version instead.

Basically, as displayed in the text description area there are lots of errors reported for this hard disk. I can recommend what the software suggests:

> Replace hard disk immediately.
> It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss.

The number of errors is too high - and these cannot be repaired (as the drive may have physical damages). The hard disk may fail completely any time. If you do not see problems, damaged/corrupted/unreadable files - then you're so lucky - most hard disk drives with so low health produces lots of problems.

In this situation, you may ask for warranty replacement (if the hard disk still has warranty) because the hard disk is considered "bad". For a such hard disk, new operating system installations may not be possible at all and there is good chance that the computer even displays a warning notification
before starting the operating system, indicating that hard disk drive failure may occur soon.

As you can see, chkdsk is not really useful in this case.

Even if this may sounds surprising, chkdsk does not check/verify/repair the hard disk itself, but verifies (and repairs) the logical drive, the partition itself.
The problems found and "fixed" by chkdsk are in most cases different than the actual hard disk problems: chkdsk may find, report and "fix" problems on a perfect hard disk - and may not find anything on an almost failing hard disk.
( http://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_cas ... ectors.php page shows a such situation, illustrates how chkdsk can't really "fix" bad sectors).

If you'd run Disk menu -> Surface test -> Read test in Hard Disk Sentinel, you may likely see many problems.
You may attempt to run Disk menu -> Surface test -> Disk Repair (in latest versions) as it is designed to improve the hard disk and usability - but only for better hard disks (with less problems). I mean I'd not expect too much from a hard disk with 0 % health...
uali69810

Re: Failure Predicted - Attribute: 1 Raw Read Error Rate

Post by uali69810 »

Thanks for your replay.
My brother also said this to me. Ok I am going to buy new because this is old without warrenty