Show disk letter(s) on temperature tray icon (overlay)

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
1024mb

Show disk letter(s) on temperature tray icon (overlay)

Post by 1024mb »

Title is self explanatory. Would be great if you could add this as it is tedious to be checking one by one (hovering them) to see to which drive said temperature corresponds (specially if you have a lot of drives).
So, in the temperature icon, in any of the 4 corners you could add the letter or letters of the hard disk so we can check that faster.

Thank you.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Show disk letter(s) on temperature tray icon (overlay)

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the tip.
However, not really sure if the drive letter(s) can be displayed (at least visible/readable) on the tray icons in addition to the temperature value - especially if there are multiple disk letters associated with a physical disk drive.

If you can illustrate your idea, make a quick draft eg. in Paint about how it may look like, I'd be more than happy to see....
1024mb

Re: Show disk letter(s) on temperature tray icon (overlay)

Post by 1024mb »

hdsentinel wrote:Thanks for the tip.
However, not really sure if the drive letter(s) can be displayed (at least visible/readable) on the tray icons in addition to the temperature value - especially if there are multiple disk letters associated with a physical disk drive.

If you can illustrate your idea, make a quick draft eg. in Paint about how it may look like, I'd be more than happy to see....
Yes, I see your point, I was also thinking about that, what if the drive has more than just one or two, how much letters can fit.

Other way of at least having some quicker way to figure out to which drive the temp belongs is if HDS would auto sort the order in which the temperatures are shown, I mean, the first temp would be of disk 0, the second of disk 1, and so on. I don't know if this can be done by HDS or if M$ don't allow this, but I don't know, is an idea, and hopefully a good one :lol: