History Data Location

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
RingoKid

History Data Location

Post by RingoKid »

It would be nice to have an option to specify the folder where HD Sentinel stores the drive condition history -- the information that is typically graphed.

Many of us use multiple drives or partitions to separate data from the boot partition. We also backup these partitions using different schedules depending on what is stored on the partition. For example, my boot partition is fully backed up once per month whereas my data partitions are backed up daily. This is because the boot partition changes seldom while the data partition changes minute by minute. The difficulty is that when one has to restore the boot partition, some of the HD Sentinel history is lost because boot partitions are restored as an image.

If one could specify where the HD Sentinel data data is stored, the the data could be directed to a partition with a more frequent backup and would not be affected by how the boot partition is backed up.

Alternatively, tell us where and how the HD Sentinel history data is stored so some mechanism can be created to solve the problem.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: History Data Location

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your suggestion. It is scheduled to the next version of the software ;)
ron

Post by ron »

Has this been implemented yet?

Is looks like the data is stored in the program folder. If that's true, please add my vote for the option proposed by RingoKid.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

No, this is still under construction. Hopefully it will be available in the near future.