How do I hide a specific drive?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
Mintia67

How do I hide a specific drive?

Post by Mintia67 »

Hi,

I am using HDSentinel 6.01.2.

The NVMe SSD (KIOXIA-EXCERIA S) installed in my PC does not support displaying health, so I want to turn off the tray icon.

If "display only one single tray icon with the highest temperature" is off, the tray icon can be hidden, but if this check is on, the NVMe SSD temperature is displayed on one tray icon.
(I can tell because this SSD is the only one with the highest temperature)

How can I exclude this SSD from HDSentinel management?

Thanks.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: How do I hide a specific drive?

Post by hdsentinel »

Sounds so interesting: the NVMe SSD should provide Health % of course.
If there is no Health %, then there may be wrong/old driver installed which does not allow detection of complete status. It is very common under Windows 7 or 8.1 as described at:

https://www.hdsentinel.com/kb/category/ ... ows-7.html

or if you have an older AMD BOTTOM RAID driver installed.

If you use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, I can check and assist about how to get complete status of this NVMe SSD too.

If you prefer to hide the tray icon of any disk drive, then please open Configuration -> Hard Disk Drives page (where you selected the single tray icon with highest temperature but DO NOT select that) as there you can toggle which drive(s) should have tray icon displayed by DOUBLE CLICK on the drive.

If you prefer to hide any disk drive from the main window, just right click on the list of drives in the upper left area and un-check it.
Mintia67

Post by Mintia67 »

Thanks for the reply.

When I want to consolidate the tray icons into one, is it inevitable that NVMe SSDs will show up even if I exclude them?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

If you select the option to "Display only the highest temperature on tray", then yes, the highest temperature of ALL drives will be displayed (including the temperature of the NVMe SSD if its temperature is higher than other drives).

If you prefer to exclude that, then please disable the "Display only the highest temperature on tray" option and you can manually select which drive(s) should have displayed tray icons.