Offset delay or a Save-button

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
Micke

Offset delay or a Save-button

Post by Micke »

I find myself having to, from time to time, make a few offsets due to disks that had suffered bad power cables, more specifically Y-cables, and because of that, some S.M.A.R.T-data has been, I wouldn't say corrupted, but falsely reported, and thus i need to offset these posts. As I have quite a few disks (closer to 30), it takes forever to do this, and each post means that HDS need to update the whole crap, including the icons in system tray.

It's very frustrating having to wait these 15-20 seconds, and I might have to do this 2-3 times/drive, so if I was able to make these offsets, preferably on several drives, and then press a Save or update button it would be greatly appreciated.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Offset delay or a Save-button

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the tip, yes, it may be a good idea, especially upon higher number of disks/adjustments.
Will check the possibilities about waiting more before the automatic re-detection or allowing to acknowledge/re-detect manually only after the adjustments.
Micke

Re: Offset delay or a Save-button

Post by Micke »

I think it would be better to have a button named "Save changes" or something like that that would allow changing multiple drives. Only an update interval would still disrupt multiple offsets, and I don't think I'd like to wait minutes for them either.
That said, suppose there are a number of disks that have fallen below safe, it would mean multiple X:es flashing, and not that it really matters, but I hate having such things flashing and I'd like to remove all of those at once.

Not that I have that many disks that has fallen under the bus quite yet (Only one at the moment, but it's failing so I removed that), but I'm thinking others would find that useful.

As a compromise, you could perhaps have a check-box somewhere with the option to auto-update, perhaps with a drop-down box for interval, or the other option of doing it manually by button perhaps?