install Hard Disk Sentinel silent

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
HDD

install Hard Disk Sentinel silent

Post by HDD »

Have a nice day
Can you please advise me how can I install Hard Disk Sentinel silent with the below configuration
1-use as service
2-enable web status 61220 without asking for password
3-accept remote connection from server 61230
Or any another configuration like alerts and mail setting
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: install Hard Disk Sentinel silent

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and question.

First of all, to install Hard Disk Sentinel silently (without user interaction), please use the
/SILENT
or
/VERYSILENT
command line parameter for the installer, for example HDsentinel_pro_setup.exe /SILENT

The /SILENT parameter does not pause / asks, but displays the installation windows.
The /VERYSILENT parameter installs without the installation window / progress.

1. To install Hard Disk Sentinel in service mode, please also add the /SERVICE command line parameter to the installer. Then after normal (or silent if the above options specified) installation, the software will automatically switch to service mode, just like if you'd manually click on the "Use as service" button at Configuration -> Integration page.

2 and 3. To install Hard Disk Sentinel with pre-configured settings, please
a) install the software first normally on a system and pre-configure it as you prefer, enable/specify options as you'd like to be configured.
b) after this initial configuration, completely close the software by File -> Exit
c) copy the file HDSentinel.ini from the folder where the software installed (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel) to the folder where you have the original installer (HDSentinel_pro_setup.exe) This can be a local drive, pendrive, network drive and so.

Then if you install by HDSentinel_pro_setup.exe and the installer finds the HDSentinel.ini file in the same folder (next to the installer itself) then it will
automatically install the HDSentinel.ini file as well: so after installation the software will be immediately configured.
Please note that this will overwrite the existing settings/options (if the software was previously installed on this system).
esmanlitebriz

My HDD's health suddenly dropped 16% from 100%.

Post by esmanlitebriz »

Hi .In this January's 23 I got an 1TB seagate HDD with 100% health brand new for my HP pavilion DV6 -6b13tx .So everything was going well untill yesterday...I keept initial temperature in around 30-38 maximum 43 ..While this time i hit pc 2-3 times , not hard but.After this Sentinel was showing still 100% health even after restart.But yesterday , I insert usb flas drive .There was an virus , i dont remember now name but i think was ending like ".CW!I" ...And sudeenly health droped 87% with 8 bad sector.I did not worry about it much more . .I download HDD Regenerator !After check ,software showed on boot that 8 bad sector founded and regenerated.But when i started up pc , life percent was shocking. 16% with 272 bad sector.. I really cant understand.. My previous Notebook was 100% in 7 years although drooped several time while pc running .I think its a lil bit exaggerated ..How 16%.. why?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: My HDD's health suddenly dropped 16% from 100%.

Post by hdsentinel »

I'm afraid the disk drive already had problems - just they not detected as the problematic sectors not yet used (before the test).

This is very common situation: problems may remain undetected for very long time, until they can cause data corruption / data loss.

The surface tests designed exactly to reveal such problems as soon as possible, to inform you about possible problems long before
- the disk is filled with important data
- you're out of the warranty period.

Please check this case:
https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_ca ... ectors.php
which shows exactly that situation: problems remain undetected (as the disk was not tested) for years, when they lead to data corruption and data loss.

This is exactly why the disk tests recommended:
https://www.hdsentinel.com/faq.php#tests
to reveal possible problems long before they can lead to failure, data corruption - or to confirm that the disk is perfect and it is safe to use.

If you use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option, I'd be happy to check the current situation and advise about how it is best to improve (or may ask for warranty replacement if required).

I always wonder why other tool used in this case.... Hard Disk Sentinel has Disk menu -> Surface test -> Disk Repair function, designed EXACTLY for fixing such problems: to find and repair bad sectors. This (and many other tests in Hard Disk Sentinel) do exactly the disk regeneration: force the hard disk to find and replace bad sectors from the spare area to improve usability.
gegsl

Post by gegsl »

I've encountered an issue with the Silent install. When the installation finishes the application auto launches. This causes the application deployments to fail because it never returns a success to our deployment server. The installation is actually successful but the deployment server doesn't know because the installer is launching the application. Searching online I see where Inno Setup needs skipifsilent tag added to the [Run] section of Inno Setup configuration. Thoughts?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message.

Yes, that can be a solution - but the skipifsilent then cause that the application will not run automatically after the installation, so this would cause a different problem....

Please send an e-mail to info (at) hdsentinel (dot) com address as then we can discuss the situation and if required, may create a custom installer specifically for your company.