Scheduling Extended Scan Monthly?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
mattmercer78

Scheduling Extended Scan Monthly?

Post by mattmercer78 »

Hello!

Just bought HDSentinel, really enjoying it so far. I've been trying to set up a schedule for extended tests once a month for my drives, but I can't find a way to do so. There's a choice for day of the week and time, but there's no way to set frequency for things like "monthly", "yearly", etc. or a calendar function to pick the dates you want it to happen on. Not that it necessarily would function just like one of those options, those are just what I thought it might look like.

Is it not possible to do this? And if so...any chance that's going to be added? I don't feel that I need to run extended tests every week, but the scheduler was a big reason why I sought out HDS in the first place. Not having to remember to manually do a scan each month is a big selling point :lol:
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Scheduling Extended Scan Monthly?

Post by hdsentinel »

Hello!
Thanks for your message and selecting Hard Disk Sentinel.

You can schedule any project differently as you prefer by using Windows Scheduler easily:

1) on Configuration -> Operations tab, create the self test project and select the test type, disk drives etc.

2) on this page, you can use the button showing the Hard Disk Sentinel icon and a "shortcut" arrow to create a shortcut to the Desktop which can be used to manually launch this project.

3) on the Desktop if you right click on the this shortcut, you can inspect the command line which starts this project. Please open Windows Scheduler to create a scheduled project with this command line and schedule as preferred (eg. monthly, yearly, etc.). Make sure that the command would need administrator rights to start the test command on the selected drive(s).
mattmercer78

Re: Scheduling Extended Scan Monthly?

Post by mattmercer78 »

That's a brilliant solution - thank you so much for your help!