Revert icon set to original

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
davemiller

Revert icon set to original

Post by davemiller »

I have been using HDSentinel for more than 15 years now. I like it because of the nice features and very simple, easy to use and intuitive UI you created. However upgrading to the newest version surprised me a bit. I find the new Win11 icons chaotic and the opposite of the old UI. I have to admit I do not like it at all. Altough it is just one's preference of what icon set to use, I believe I am not the only one with my opinion. I would like to ask for an optional UI selection feature somewhere in the menu (e.g: where you can set the old digits or colors) to allow changing icon set to classic. Please do not join the long line of developers who force users to the newest (or so called "trendy") UI/icons. :roll:

Apart from this little "problem", I would like to say thank you for such a reliable S.M.A.R.T monitoring software. Keep up the good work, csak így tovább :)
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Revert icon set to original

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message.
Of course there is such option, please check:

Configuration -> Disk Control -> Disk Icon Set

There it is possible to select the preferred icon set style (XP, Windows Vista/7, Windows 11).

On this Configuration -> Disk Control page, it is possible to completely disable this function (designed to show the current disk health status and used space on the icons) by unchecking the first option Modify default hard disk icons in Windows Explorer.

Also you may download other icon sets (or even create a custom) from the Add-ons page: https://www.hdsentinel.com/add-ons.php