Thanks for everything!

Any ideas, thoughts - not necessary related to Hard Disk Sentinel.
Mits

Thanks for everything!

Post by Mits »

Dear Developer,

Thank you for your wonderful software and this English forum - I hope that the latter will facilitate us users to help out each other and thus possibly free up your time to add more useful features into HDSentinel.

I this General Discussion forum I would like to see information and links to articles on good practices regarding the preservation of our HDs health (especially the external ones). Any kind of storage is constantly under risk. The more data we store/backup on them, the more storage becomes a very risky business. New disaster stories appear every day, and my guess is that everybody has at least one story to tell about either losing all her photos/documents/work or (let's not forget the human factors) a good internet friend with whom she lost contact after many years of friendship because of a HD failure.

Many questions regarding hard disks remain largely unanswered or a lot of conflicting and non-authoritative information can be found on the net, e.g.:
- Are external hard disks without a fan more prone to damage than the more expensive ones that include a fan and power management software?
- Are the bundled with external hard disks backup etc. software any good?
- What are the maximum limits of temperature that we should definitely avoid (and how)?
- Is it better to purchase 2x500 GB or 1x1TB disks and why?
- If I want to keep my data safe for 100 years (for my grand-grand children) what can I do?
etc. etc.

I hope that this forum will provide quality feedback to the author regarding users' habits (and non-habits), needs and desired features, so that HDsentinel becomes one of the first utilities that should get installed on every new computer, along with a file manager (long live Total Commander!) and an Internet security suite.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for everything!

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your kind words :)
Yes, it would be nice if we can share our thoughts, ideas and experiences about storage devices, internal and external, hard disks and solid state disks and so!
warriorfullights

Re: Thanks for everything!

Post by warriorfullights »

I agree and would also like to take the team for every support on this site. I learned a lot in just a week.