> if i try to open the exe nothing happens and there's no shortcut on the tray bar
> upon shutdown, restart or killing the hdd sentinel process i get instant bsod
Sorry, I do not really understand....
So when you start, "nothing happens" or do you "get instant bsod" ?
The best would be track down a bit, verify which device(s) may be affected. Maybe Windows update changed the associated driver too.
If possible, please try to
1) delete the file HDSentinel.ini and then try to re-start. This will re-set the settings to defaults while keeping all statistics/logs. It may be useful to try.
2) disconnect external disk drives, pendrives, memory card readers and further removable storage and then start Hard Disk Sentinel. In theory, they should cause no problems - but try to check, to verify if one may cause troubles.
3) we'd need to see what steps could be done by Hard Disk Sentinel and when it can't continue. That may also point on a device (eg. disk drive) or its controllers (eg. motherboard chipset driver).
1) if running, completely close Hard Disk Sentinel by File -> Exit (or by terminating from the task manager)
2) Then you'd need to start HDSentinel.exe with some command line parameters, to create text files to save the communication between the drives / devices and Hard Disk Sentinel itself. For this, please open an elevated command prompt by starting CMD.EXE and select "Run as administrator".
Then navigate to the folder of the software by entering
CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hard Disk Sentinel"
and then enter
HDSentinel.exe /ENABLETEST /REPORT /RAID
This should create some text files: a testmode.txt, RAID.TXT and a HDSentinel_5.50_PRO_report.txt into the folder of Hard Disk Sentinel.
The report file may not be created (as it would be created only if the complete detection happens).
If you do not see anything, then please allow it to run for longer time (eg 10-15 minutes), just to be sure.
Please send these files together (maybe compressed or as-is) to info (at) hdsentinel (dot) com as then I can examine the whole detection, investigate the responses. This may hopefully give further ideas about what happens on your system.
venzo92 wrote:Hello, last week i've updated the pc to windows 10 1903 and since then i've noticed a constant bsod with the error Kernel security check failure upon shutdown or restart.
after some digging i've found out that hdd sentinel icons were not on the traybar, so i've tried to kill the hdd sentinel process and got instant bsod with the same error.
i've uninstalled hdd sentinel and installed the latest version, but i still get the bsod, if i try to open the exe nothing happens and there's no shortcut on the tray bar
I've also updated motherboard drivers, chipset etc but it was of no avail.
Crash dump has no useful informations, it just says that ntoskrnl caused the crash
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
TLDR: updated to windows 10 1903, upon shutdown, restart or killing the hdd sentinel process i get instant bsod
Users browsing this forum: No registered users