V3.70 pro: Large system fonts

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
Bullseye

V3.70 pro: Large system fonts

Post by Bullseye »

Hi!

I'm new to this forum ;-)

I just bought a family license of your program and it suits me very well

One question i have: Due to my poor eyesight i have to use the large Win7 fonts without any cleartype. But with these settings the fonts in the systray (HDD temperature) look awful (s screenshot "Large Screen Fonts Win7 HDSentinel.png").

I used the free program CrystalDiskInfo and with it the fonts look quite cute (s. "Large Screen Fonts Win7 CrystalDiskInfo.png").

Would it be possible to change the font settings in HDSentinel?

Thanks!
Kind regards
Bullseye
Attachments
Large Screen Fonts Win7 CrystalDiskInfo.png
Large Screen Fonts Win7 CrystalDiskInfo.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 10755 times
Large Screen Fonts Win7 HDSentinel.png
Large Screen Fonts Win7 HDSentinel.png
Large Screen Fonts Win7 HDSentinel.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 10755 times
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: V3.70 pro: Large system fonts

Post by hdsentinel »

Hi!

Thanks for your message and thanks for using registered version of the software!

Yes of course, it is possible to completely adjust the font of the tray icon as you prefer: just open

Configuration -> Thresholds/tray icon page

There you can adjust the background/foreground colors of the different levels (green / yellow / red, according the current temperature) and you may select the font (type, size) by the "Select Tray Icon Font" button.

There you can also configure the thresholds for the different levels, for example to get a visual feedback for these levels (green / yellow / red) as it may help to determine the status more quickly (without checking the actual number).
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.
I played around a little bit and didn't get to work it right. I thin it's not possible what i am looking for.

Because i have no cleartype set the digits are very poor to see. Could you make it possible to blur the fonts only for the systray digits? I think CrystalDiskInfo does that. Even if the Win7-settings are without cleartype, the systray icons seem to be blurred.

Thanks!
Kind regards
Bullseye
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Yes, I can confirm that HDSentinel checks if the cleartype is enabled or not in Windows and if not, it is not used in the tray icon.
This is designed especially for people who do not prefer cleartype as then the tray icons should be also made without cleartype to improve reading.
(personally I also use without cleartype to prevent such blur).

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe there will be an option to enable tray icon blur - even if cleartype is disabled.
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

Thanks for your reply!

That would be great ;-) This behaviour occurs only with large system font (see the screenshot above), with small fonts the digits are ok also with disabled cleartype. But unfortunalety i need the large fonts.

Thanks again!
Kind regards
Bullseye
tetrapackage

Post by tetrapackage »

It is good to know that we have this thread here. It helped me as well. Cheers!