Drives of RAID 5 on LSI 9260-8i not recognized

Post here if you encounter any problems or bugs with the software.
steven

Drives of RAID 5 on LSI 9260-8i not recognized

Post by steven »

I have a RAID 5 on a LSI 9260-8i with CacheCade Pro 2.0 turned on, 2 SSD drive in R0 mode used as the read cache for the RAID 5. The two ssd drive can be recognized correctly but the RAID 5 disks are missing. Also, the status window shows the RAID 5 drive letter on the SSD cache drive (the cache SSDs does not have drive letter assigned).

Please see the attached picture, the Disk 0 and 1 are SSD drives, but the Drive letter is my RAID 5. the SSD is only cache for the RAID 5 but not themselves.
wrong recognition.PNG
wrong recognition.PNG (19.13 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
I also had such problem before but I'm not running RAID 5 then, the Sentinel didn't recognize the drives with CacheCade turned on, but sometimes, after a reset, it cames back.

After I set up RAID 5, the RAID disks' information are gone, reinstall, removed install directory then reinstall again, reset, all tried but not works.

please help. Thanks!

Steven
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Drives of RAID 5 on LSI 9260-8i not recognized

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your attention and the Hard Disk Sentinel report you sent with the Report menu -> Send test report to developer option.
This helped to quickly see the situation, examine and make an update.

Yes, sometimes this can happen: when SSD cache used, the LSI controller may provide partial configuration when Hard Disk Sentinel software attempts to detect attached disk drives and enumerate the RAID members.

I made a quick update, so the updated version should work better:

www.hdsentinel.com/beta5/hdsentinel_pro ... 2-kjdx.zip

It should detect and display the SAS disks too in addition to the cache SSDs.

Thanks for increasing attention to this combination of RAID controller + SAS HDDs + cache SSDs.