MaxDigital MD4000GBDS-E 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Experiences with hard disks, SSDs, USB devices, hard disk controllers, motherboards and so.
SysopChris

MaxDigital MD4000GBDS-E 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Post by SysopChris »

I have never purchased a refurbished HD but I recently went from 30 TB available storage to 11 TB so I am thinking about getting 2 of these.
I would love to know if not a good idea. I don't know the Mfg. or about refurbished drives. Also I want whatever I but to be supported by Sentinel.
If tape would just come down in price a little more...

Thanks for any info.

MaxDigital MD4000GBDS-E 4TB
MaxDigital 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s (Enterprise Storage) 3.5inch Internal Hard Drive (Renewed)
Brand: Amazon Renewed

New Price: $67.35
Price: $49.99 & FREE Returns
You Save: $17.36 (25%)
Product works and looks like new. Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
- This pre-owned product has been professionally inspected, tested and cleaned by Amazon-qualified suppliers.
- There will be no visible cosmetic imperfections when held at an arm’s length.
- Products with batteries will exceed 80% capacity relative to new.
- Accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional. Product may come in generic box.
- This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied under the Amazon Renewed Guarantee. See terms here.
Compatible Devices Desktop
Brand MaxDigital
Digital Storage Capacity 4 TB
Hardware Interface SATA 6.0 Gb/s
Cache memory (Size) 64 MB
About this item
4 Terabyte Capacity, SATA III 6.0Gbps Interface, 64MB Buffer Size, 7200RPM Rotation Speed
Perfect for Datacenter Hard Drive, RAID System, NAS Network Storage, CCTV DVR and Desktop PC/Mac!
Maximum capacity, Heavy application workloads, 24x7x365 reliability
Datacenter Storage, Enterprise Grade, Excellent Condition
2 Years Warranty from Reseller, 100% New, Zero Power Hours
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: MaxDigital MD4000GBDS-E 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0G

Post by hdsentinel »

Generally there should be no problems, especially if you use the latest possible Hard Disk Sentinel version 5.61.11 as you may notice in the revision file:

https://www.hdsentinel.com/beta5/hdsent ... vision.txt

"- improved hard disk status, health, temperature detecion with MD4000GBDS hard disks"

in 5.61.7 version and all newer. Previous versions may display partial status, so I'd suggest to use the latest 5.61.11 version.

If I'm correct, you have 5.61 (standard) version of Hard Disk Sentnel, so may need to

- completely close the current version by File -> Exit
- without uninstallation, install
https://www.hdsentinel.com/beta5/hdsent ... 1-stan.zip
in the same folder. This will keep all settings/statistics just updates the software.

Maybe if possible, I'd suggest to please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option when you'll have the new drive, just to confirm.