Partition Information of VeraCrypt mounted drives in report

Any new ideas, possible impromevents for future versions.
hey

Partition Information of VeraCrypt mounted drives in report

Post by hey »

Hi all,

first I want to thank you for this wonderful piece of software!

But I have a feature request:

Would it be possible to let the report also include partition information of VeraCrypt mounted drives, like the free disk space?

This would give me a total overview of my physical and virtual partitions/volumes.

Thanks in advance!
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Partition Information of VeraCrypt mounted drives in rep

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message.

Generally the partition information section (on the bottom of the report) includes the partition information of all logical drives (including those ones).
Not sure, but it is possible that when you mount the logical drive (unlock), Hard Disk Sentinel may not automatically recognise it (this can cause why it is missing). If so, please use the manual complete re-detect button (leftmost button: two blue arrows forming a circle) to detect that logical drive too.
hey

Post by hey »

Thanks for your reply.

I made some tests now and found out, that it is caused because I use the switch "/mountoption rm" to mount the VeryCrypt container as a removeable disk.

The virtual disk is listed in HDS on the left side (in the disk list), but I can see that the information for the size and free space is "? GB" both.
The same behaviour I can see if I plug in a usb stick. There also "? GB" is stated for size and free space.

But the plugged in usb stick is not omitted in the reports partition info.

So there is something regarding a VeraCrypt container mounted as removeable drive.

Could you be so kind and take a look for it?

Regards
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

Please check: Configuration -> Disk Control page and enable the option "Monitor space on removable disks"

Otherwise Hard Disk Sentinel lists the removable disks (like this one) but does not automatically detect/show the free space to prevent accessing the drive unless you manually click on that drive. This is why you saw "? GB" there.
hey

Post by hey »

Oh man, this is annoying...

I really searched all options before creating this request, but somehow I've overseen this option. :shock:

Many thanks for your reply again and finally for the solution!