Samsung T7 SSD 1Tb

Experiences with hard disks, SSDs, USB devices, hard disk controllers, motherboards and so.
Sigurd

Samsung T7 SSD 1Tb

Post by Sigurd »

I notice Samsung SSD T7 is not supported. Will it be in the near future?
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Samsung T7 SSD 1Tb

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for your message and sorry for the possible troubles.

Generally it should be supported without problems in recent versions of Hard Disk Sentinel, the health, temperature and complete status should be detected and displayed of course.

If you use older version, I suggest to update to latest 5.70 (or even try the latest possible 5.70.9 beta version just to be sure:
https://www.hdsentinel.com/beta5/hdsent ... 9-amnr.zip
as it has generic updates for many SSDs/devices).

Can you please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option? Then I can check the actual situation and advise, verify if there may be something cause troubles.
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Thanks for the prompt response.
I am already using version 5.70. I looked under Updates for the 5.709 version but couldn't see it anywhere.
Screen capture of app attached. As you can see, the two Samsung drives at the bottom of the left panel show neither Health nor temperature.
Attachments
Scan of Hard Disk Sentinel screen and overlay of Help>About screen.
Scan of Hard Disk Sentinel screen and overlay of Help>About screen.
HD Scan.jpg (518.15 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Sorry - I reacted to the auto post re a reply being posted before I read the following email!
I have now installed and that does work.
Incidentally, I saw the notice re it being unsupported on the list here -
https://www.hdsentinel.com/compatibility_ssd.php
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Post by hdsentinel »

The https://www.hdsentinel.com/compatibility_ssd.php page originally designed to show some of the most common SSDs tested and verified.

Currently Hard Disk Sentinel supports over 6000 different SSD models and as lots released every week and constantly added to the software, most of them may not appear on this list, but it does not really mean it's not supported.

If the status seem missing for a new model, I always recommend to check with latest possible beta version and also use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option.
Such developer reports always help to check the actual situation, verify and confirm:
- if the status is still missing / partial, it can help to improve
- if the status is properly displayed, it would confirm things and allow to check if there is any specific change/optimization is still possible.

So if possible, please use Report menu -> Send test report to developer option now ;)
Thanks for your attention and support!