Sorting Options?

How, what, where and why - when using the software.
gtaus

Sorting Options?

Post by gtaus »

I see previous questions on sorting from years ago, but has there been any recent discussion on providing sorting options to the Status Window? In my case, I have 23 USB HDDs in my DrivePool home media server. I have added the drive name to the comment field on each drive, i.e. DP01, DP02, DP03....DP23. Currently, the drives are displayed in Logical Order, but that is not very helpful for me. I would like to be able to sort them by Comment, which in my case would be DP01, DP02....DP23. Any chance of that feature?

But, as we are talking about sorting options, it would be great to be able to sort by any of the items displayed in the Status Window. For example, I might want to sort by TEMP, by Health, Status, or any of the other displayed information.

Yes, I can eventually figure out what I need with the current display, but having the data sorted out in some logical order that makes sense for our individual setups would make HD Sentinel even a better program.
hdsentinel
Site Admin

Re: Sorting Options?

Post by hdsentinel »

Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, currently the disk drives appear in the order as they detected - as it designed to follow the list of disk drives as appear in Windows Disk Management for easier identification.
Yes, it may be useful to have them listed in different order in the Status Window, so will consider that in a future version. Thanks!
gtaus

Re: Sorting Options?

Post by gtaus »

Sorting the order of drives becomes increasingly useful as you build a larger and larger number of drives in a data pool. I hope HD Sentinel will someday have that ability to sort lists. Thanks.